Dear Tindley Family Members,
Tuesday, April 7 will be the dawn of a new era for our school as we enter virtual classrooms and remote learning practices to complete this historic spring 2020 semester.
I write this announcement to share important updates about the changes that have taken place in the last few weeks while you have been on extended spring break and to provide key resources to help you through the rest of the semester and beyond.
Even as all of us practice social and physical distancing, please know that you are not alone. Each one of you has a team backing you up: teachers, administrators and many others. We are here to support you and will stay connected with you throughout this crisis and the remainder of the academic year.
The important changes that have taken place in the last few weeks:
- On March 13, the President of the United States declared a national emergency with respect to the virus.
- On March 23, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb issued an Executive Order directing Indiana residents to stay at home and avoid all but essential activities outside of the home.
- On April 2, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb signed an Executive Order requiring all K-12 schools in Indiana to provide instruction via remote learning for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year and outlines options for districts to continue education during the fight against COVID-19.
We have resources to help with the transition to online learning:
- Tuesday, April 7 we will distributelaptops to all 3rd -6th grade scholars and prepared packets to all K-2 families as well as some basic school supplies
- Those needing internet access may also refer to this Spectrum Wi-Fi map of free hotspots across the United States.
We are all in this together, facing questions, decisions, and situations we had never imagined. Now is the time to keep learning and find creative ways to stay healthy, to stay connected, and to communicate with each other.
We will face this crisis with the grace, resilience, and determination that we bring to everything we do as Tindley Tigers, and we will come out stronger on the other side.
Principal, TIndley Genesis Academy